Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, March 18, 2012

Info Post
“When AMR Ramesh approached me to play the role of STF Chief Vijayakumar in his bio-pic Vana Yuddham, based on the life of slain forest brigand Veerappan, I hardly had any interest in going onboard.
I thought that the Veerappan story was a secret known to everyone in the country and how will a movie based on his life interest the audience?
To my surprise, the amount of detailing done by Ramesh, and the way he wanted to explore the untold side of Veerappan amazed me and I gave my immediate nod,” remarked ‘Action King’ Arjun at the media gathering for the movie in the city. A major plus point of the movie is its apt casting.
While versatile actor Kishore, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Veerappan, essays the latter, Vijayalakshmi of Chennai-28 fame plays the role of his wife Mutthulakshmi sans makeup.
“It’s a challenging experience to play a real-life character and shooting in rough terrains was mind-blowing,” Vijayalakshmi quips.
Yesteryear actress Jayachithra said that she was proud to enact Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in whose earlier term the sandalwood smuggler was gunned down.
Kishore was all praise for Ramesh and said that the two of them have been researching the script for the last five years.
“It’s an unbiased film and I am not being judgmental. So I don’t see any hidden problems with the censors,” Ramesh asserts.

0 comments: