Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Info Post


Says South Indian star Arjun Sarja, who is acting in a Kannada film after nearly ten years

Acting is in his blood and no matter which language he acts in, one cannot ignore the charm of Action King Arjun Sarja. With his last release in Sandalwood being Sri Manjunatha, he is back after almost ten years with the Kannada film contract, in which he plays the lead.

Arjun Sarja, who has started shooting for the film in the City, tells Metrolife, “One thing that you cannot keep account of, in this industry, is time. I can’t believe ten years have passed by so fast. There was no particular reason why I took so long to come back. Though I made a special appearance in Vaayuputra, this will surely be a comeback, of sorts, for me.”

It is believed that Arjun wanted to make a comeback in Kannada films with his own directorial project. “I was working on a script and was keen on making a comeback through that film. When I signed contract, it was supposed to be made in Tamil and Telugu. But at the last minute, they decided to shoot the film in Kannada first. So I had no choice,” he claims. Though his directorial venture has taken a backseat for a while, Arjun is keen on starting it soon. “It is surely going to be an out-and-out commercial film but I will add my own style to it,” he says.

Soon Arjun will be seen in Weekend, a Hindi film. The film is special because it is directed by Tinu Verma who used to be Arjun’s fight master. “It’s a special film for me because Tinu is making it. He came to me one day saying no one else could fit the role but me. So I just took it up. It will be an interesting film since it’s a thriller,” he says.

The year also saw two of his nephews, Chiranjeevi Sarja and Dhruva Sarja, getting into films. As happy as he is about them taking the step, he says they have a long way to go. “There is always room for improvement. I don’t want to be one of those uncles, who keeps telling them about only the good things in the industry. It’s very easy to get into this industry but it is very difficult to sustain,” he signs off

source: deccanherald

0 comments: